August 12, 2014

Summer 2014: FIT & One Direction

So this summer has been really eventful. If you follow me on social media then you might have seen a glimpse of what I've been doing these past few weeks.

FIT

During the month of July I took 2 classes at the Fashion Institute of technology. This was my second my summer there and it could by my last unless I decide to go back next fall. My experience overall was amazing! The classes I attended were: Advertising and Marketing Communications and International Fashion Marketing.
I met so many new amazing people and learned a lot new things about the fashion industry. Each class had a final project that took a lot of work. For my advertising class we had to create a campaign for a an advertisement we didn't like was well as recreate the ad. This was my favorite project, and I worked really hard on it. It all payed off because I ended getting an A on for my project.
 My Fashion marketing class involved a lot of writing and studying. We had two exams! For our final project, I was in a group and we had to market a J.Crew store in Colombia. 

I made so many memories and tried so many new things this past month. Strangely the thing I miss the most through all of this is the commute. I loved sitting on the train listening to music with an iced coffee in my hand and getting out of penn station to be greeted by the city! I'm also missing all the different restaurants to grab lunch in Manhattan. 
Since I couldn't post those few weeks, here are some photos of my adventures!
Watching an M&M's commercial being filmed!
The Museum at FIT's lingerie exhibit

NYC on my last day!

First Day OOTD
One Direction
The highlight of summer, year would have to be the night of August 5, 2014.
The night I saw One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer live!
If you've followed my blog for a while, you might know that I am a HUGE fan of One Direction as well as 5sos (my 17th birthday was 1D themed and i have so many posts named after their songs) I'm still in such shock that this night actually happened. This was my first concert EVER.
I love both these bands so much and I'm so thankful that I got the opportunity to see them live.
Instead of going through the whole night (which would take way too long) I'll just tell you the highlights.
  • 5 seconds of summer performed first and I lost my mind during She Looks So Perfect. But my favorite song live was definitely Heartbreak girl
  • One Direction's performance was beyond amazing. There were no words to describe that show. My favorite songs that were sung live are :Rock Me, Live While we're young,Story of my life and Happily. 
  • Throughout the concert fireworks went off and it was so great 
Here are some photos of the concert!
During 5sos
5sos on the big screen!


Metlife stadium during Little Things!
 I'm still SO upset that halfway through the concert my phone ran out of memory so I didn't get many photos of One Direction!

So these were the highlights of my summer. School is coming soon so I hope everyone has a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment